The Nurse Advice Line gives Medicaid members around-the-clock access to medical information and advice. Now, you can call 1-800-283-3221 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Nurse Advice Line provides:
- Registered nurses who can answer questions, provide self-care advice and help you decide if you need to be seen right away.
- Help with chronic conditions, such as diabetes or asthma.
- Help you get to the right place if you are having a medical emergency.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I Call the Advice Nurse Line if I am having a medical emergency?
Yes. They can help you decide what your best choice is if you have a medical emergency.
- Should I use the Nurse Advice Line if I have a question about my condition or medications?
Yes. The line is staffed by registered nurses who can answer your health questions.
- Can I change my appointments and renew my medicines through this service?
No. This service is for callers who are having health problems or "I'm feeling sick today" type calls.
- I don’t like to use voice mail. Am I going to get a voice mail or a live person when calling this line?
The Advice Nurse Line does not use voice mail. If all lines are busy, you can hold on the line until the next available nurse answers.
- I live outside the Denver area. How will they be able to help me?
The nurses know about the hospitals throughout Colorado. They have experience in health issues. They can answer your questions, or help you get the emergency care you need.
- When can I call?
You can call 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Who do I call?
Medicaid Nurse Advice Line